Request Handling in security departments
Jens Bothe11. Dec 2013 | AdministrationConsultingUse cases
OTRS is used in security departments and companies for long time due to the well documented code and some background in the CERT area.
In one of my recent projects the team wanted to simplify some of their processes additional to the main goals of the implemenation project. We decided to start with the authorization process for taking photos inside their business locations. Until now they had a paper based permission process.
So created a small process within OTRS. Now the customer can request a permission in the customer webinterface or by sending a mail to a special email address.
After the photos are taken the user needs to send them to the ticket so an agent can approve or deny the publishing of the photo.
For building this process we need:
- several dynamic fields as shown below
- an event based notification on authorized request
- an event based notification on non authorized request
- an event based notification on approval or denying the publishing request
- a process
- a post master filter as shown on top
- some ACL rules to make it smooth
The export can be found here (remove the .txt if needed): Export_ProcessEntityID_P5.yml
Small process designs like this one can really increase the acceptance of your system in simple way. Just start to imagine which processes might fit for you!