OTRS ITSM installation.
Shawn Beasley04. Jan 2011 | AdministrationModifications & Packages
OTRS ITSM is a suite of modules that adds ITIL functionality to OTRS Help Desk. This may confuse some, as there is no full-version of OTRS ITSM for download. So, here is a short blog about installing OTRS ITSM.In this case, we want to look at the beta version of OTRS ITSM 3.0 (beta1). I choose the beta version, because this blog post will live longer. So, if you read this after the beta testing is done, the steps will be the same.
Starting in the version 2.1, there is a bundle package. This package is an OPM (OTRS PACKAGE MANAGER) file that includes all the available packages for the suite. For those who do not wish to have the whole ball of wax, the packages can be installed individually. The OTRS ITSM Suite has the following modules:
- ITSM Core
- General Catalog
- ITSM Incident Problem Management
- ITSM Configuration Management
- ITSM Service Level Management
- ITSM Change Management
- Import Export
- Download the OTRS ITSM bundle.
- Install via the Package Manager.Note: Due to the size of the package, if you are uploading from off-site, you may experience a time out.
- Download ITSM Core and General Catalog from the FTP Server (change the packages directory for another version).
- Install these two via the Package Manager.
- Then select the packages from the FTP Server to be installed, or update your online repository within the Package Manager and install directly from online.
Thanks for reading, and I wish you all the best of luck!
Your Community Manager
P.S. For all those who still may need a better visual, please look to the installation video to accompany this blog.